What is Profound?
Profound is a skin tightening treatment system that promotes a smooth, youthful appearance in the skin using fractionated radiofrequency (RF) energy. Profound is a highly effective, FDA-cleared treatment for patients experiencing sagging and wrinkles on the face and body. Most patients see results after just one treatment. While Profound won’t replicate the results of a traditional facelift, it is much less invasive and involves dramatically reduced downtime.
What can be treated with Profound?
- Dermal & adipose tissues. Profound’s tiny needles can penetrate the adipose tissue under the dermal layer, tightening the tissue at multiple levels to maximize its effectiveness.
- Cellulite. The appearance of cellulite causes distress in many patients, especially in the thigh area. Profound helps eliminate the appearance of cellulite and is effective on both the face and the body.
- Wrinkles. Profound is especially effective in targeting wrinkles and facial folds, especially in the submental (under the chin) area.
How does Profound work?
By triggering a healing mechanism in the skin, Profound delivers a trifecta of effects:
- Strengthens existing collagen and promotes new collagen growth, resulting in firmer, smoother skin with better volume
- Triggers new elastin growth, which increases the skin’s resistance to sagging and wrinkles
- Boosts hyaluronic acid, which results in plumper skin cells with smoother texture
Profound is the first technology ever to deliver all three in a single treatment.
The Profound device is passed over the desired treatment area, where tiny needles glide into the skin, heating it to a precise temperature to maximize the effectiveness of the radiofrequency energy. The RF energy is pulsed into the skin for about 3 seconds. The same action is then repeated over the entire treatment area.
Profound is cutting-edge technology that is engineered to deliver the best results while maximizing patient safety. Its precision controls ensure the dermal needles are heated to exactly 67℃ to best transmit the RF energy—too cool, and the treatment won’t be effective; too hot, and there is risk of injury to the skin.
Is Profound the right treatment for me?
Most people with good overall skin health are candidates for Profound. If you’re considering skin tightening treatment to improve the appearance of your skin, call us today at (305) 866-2177 to schedule a consultation, and our team of experts will help guide you to a solution that fits your goals.